Looking to improve your game or brush up before you head to the casino for the night? This is the right spot to get some down-to-earth advice on how to play the wheel.
- Track the numbers: If a number repeats often within 100 spins you may have found a biased wheel that can turn the house advantage around to your favor. A biased wheel is one of only two true opportunities to overcome the casino’s advantage. The other is described next.
- Watch for “Dealer Signature”: Dealer signature is when an experienced dealer spins the wheel and releases the ball with approximately the same speed and trajectory consistently from spin to spin. As long as there is little or no deflection from the metal stops on the wheel, it is possible to predict where the ball will drop. At least within a particular zone on the wheel.
- Cash in your Chips before you leave the table: You must buy in before playing roulette and exchange the colored chips for regular casino chips when leaving the table.
- Avoid the 5 number bet: Always avoid the five number bet (covering 0, 00, 1, 2, and 3), it has the least profitable payback of all the bets. The house advantage on this bet is a whopping 7.89 percent.
- Play the European Wheel: If given a choice between European and American Roulette remember the odds are more in your favor with the European Wheel. Playing the European wheel lowers the house edge to 2.63 percent.
- Look for the En Prison option: The best bet on the table is the even money outside bet on a European Roulette Wheel when the en prison rule, or Surrender, is offered.